Monday, November 30, 2009

This is my most 'me'-y blog, so this post goes here

I am extremely honest. This has gotten me in trouble in the past. I wish I meant that I exposed some wrongdoing and got unjustly punished for it, or something heroic like that. No. I have a psychological aversion to lying. It screwed me up on a writing assignment in elementary school, and it's screwing me up now.

Then, I had to pretend that I saw some meaning in a novella about the Iditarod, or something. I didn't see the meaning, so I talked to the teacher about it. She told me what meaning I was supposed to see. Knowing that, I could write up the one-page-or-so assignment on the novella. I could not, however, refrain from pointing out that I still didn't see the alleged meaning. I don't actually know if it wasn't there, in retrospect. Point is, blunt honesty. Not endearing.

Now, I have to write a cover letter for a professional seminar. This requires a level of interest that I reserve for [REDACTED]. A level of interest that I feel totally unqualified to fake. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment